Tuesday 19 June 2007

Under the wire...

At long last I am escaping my current job, 3 1/2 years into a '12 month detachment', as it was sold to me. I don't know why they bothered selling a lawful order, but anyway. It was all right having no paperwork and no F/R's for a while, and not coming home covered in blood and vomit from time to time, Mrs P and the little P's were pleased, but all good-comfortable-but-eventually-mind-numbingly-boring-and-career-death things come to an end.

After finding out who was leaving ahead of me, I was one phone call away from arranging a transfer to another force when my false papers and civilian clothes came through from the camp escape committee, and my place in the tunnel was assured. I don't know exactly when I'm off, or exactly where to. I have put in my preference, but frankly I'll take the porters job wheeling filing cabinets around the building if I have to, at least the scenery changes.

I've seen the Great Escape, I must remember not to answer questions in English until I'm out the door.

4 comments:

Sergeant Simon said...

12 months = 42 months. Sounds standard police issue timescales to me.

links all updated :-)

thinblueline said...

Good luck ...
The green pigeon flys south in winter.

hobbybobby said...

Border patrols have been stepped up, I hear...

Good luck, all the best!!

The civvy said...

Do you not realise that your on a huge length of bungie rope?